These days information comes flying at you. How do you know what’s real and what’s hype? At Springhill Equine, we turn all that data into news you can use. Whether it’s vaccines, feed, or stem cells, we’re here to help you be the hero your animal deserves!
Small Animal Care
Springhill Equine is way more than just horse care. Our small animal veterinarians offer the best care you can provide for your cats and dogs! Busy schedule? Drop them off with us in the morning, pick them up in the evening! Too many critters to haul? We make house calls! Or you can do a traditional appointment and see the vet with your cat or dog. At Springhill, you have options!
- Preventative Care
- Dental cleaning and extractions
- Spay and Neuter
- Mass removals
Worried about which vaccines your horse should get? Our Wellness Plans combine all the routine care your horse needs for the year in one convenient, affordable package. Choose your horse’s lifestyle and let us take it from there.
Wellness Plans include the following:
- Fecal egg count/ Custom deworming plan
- Dental float
- Physical Exam
- Baseline vital stats established
We take the hassle out of routine care so you can spend your time with your horse doing what you both love.
We know the pain lameness causes. Your horse is hurting, you’re stuck at home, and you’re out entry fees. Our doctors use their experience as horse owners and riders, as well as their medical expertise, to get you back in the saddle as quickly as possible. We have great tools to diagnose and treat lameness issues, like digital ultrasound, digital x-ray, EMM (chiropractic) and Functional Electronic Stimulation (FES). Here’s our 4-part plan:
- You know your horse best, so we start with a conversation about the problem.
- We do a thorough exam to identify the source of the pain
- Treat with appropriate therapy
- Formulate a plan to get you and your horse back in action
Equine Medical Manipulation (EMM) is commonly referred to as Chiropractic care in the human world. Using high-velocity, low-amplitude adjustments, EMM can improve mobility, posture, and nerve function, reduce pain, and improve performance and quality of life for your horse.
- Identifies and treats existing conditions
- Prevents future problems through regular treatments
- Helpful for horses of all ages and disciplines, including retirees!
- Performed by a veterinarian
As part of our 360° approach to equine wellness, we offer accupuncture care! Our acupuncture is performed by a veterinarian, which is the safest and most comprehensive way to diagnose and treat your horse. Acupuncture addresses many aspects of horse health, from pain and mobility issues to internal and behavioral problems.
- Reduce pain and improve performance
- Lengthens effects of traditional medical treatments
- Herbal therapies available
- A new perspective on your horse’s health and wellbeing!
There’s nothing cuter than a foal romping around the field next to mom! Let us take the stress out of the breeding experience. With our Breeding Packages, you pick the stallion, and we handle the rest! Our Breeding Packages include:
- Fixed cost options
- Monitoring cycles
- Ordering Semen
- Scheduled Checks
Springhill Equine Veterinary Clinic is proud to offer 24/7 Emergency response to our clients. We respond to any horse emergency, including these common problems:
- Neurological behavior
- Eye ulcers
- Foaling problems
If you have an emergency, please call (352) 474-5007
- Castration (including cryptorchid surgery)
- Enucleation (eye removal surgery)
- Pre-purchase exam
- Allergy testing
- Microchip implants
- Joint injections
- Coggins and Health certificates
- Much much more!
Please call us for anything you need! If we can’t provide it, such as a major surgury, we have a great relationship with several referral-level hospitals, and we can help you through that process. With Springhill Equine, you don’t have to do anything alone! (352) 472-1620